User Interface Designer
An outstanding User Interface Designer to join our User Experience team who can work with User Experience designers, Product managers and Senior Consultants to create intuitive and rich user interfaces for our customers on a variety of products. The ideal candidate is a brilliant problem solver, excellent communicator, a self starter and individual performer who possesses a passion for creating interfaces that are delightful to use.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Atleast 2 years’ experience as designing interfaces for websites and apps, with an education background in either user interface design, interaction design, visual communication or graphic design.
- Ability to take sketches/wireframes/workflows as inputs to deliver low and high-fidelity mockups and click-through prototypes.
- Ability to define and use a consistent design language and create detailed UI specifications for developers.
- Strong and aesthetic visual design skills and an eye for detail right from following grid systems to creating icons.
- Clear understanding of the application of common UI and interaction design patterns is crucial.
- Expertise in tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Experience in one of the prototyping tools like Axure, Justinmind, or Invision.
- Experience in responsive web design.
- Experience in designing for Android, Windows and iOS platforms is highly beneficial.
Ideal candidate would be someone with the ability to analyse information and represent complex concepts and problems through design thinking and visual story telling. Someone who looks at the world with a systems thinking and organisation approach and continuously questions: “What does this mean? Is it clear? Could it be better organised and communicated? Apart from core visual and graphic design competencies, skills or an interest in domains like business and technology analysis, information design would be essential. We absolutely need someone who can not only produce great creative work themselves, but also mentor and guide the team in that direction.
The responsibilities of this position will vary depending on the project, and will range from Information modelling and business analysis to info graphic development and interaction design. The role will be required to participate across the strategic visualisation lifecycle and adopt a user-centered design to support with quick development of visual concepts all the way to creating final information graphics/visual models.
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Communication Design.
- Must be very well organised and passionate about making the world more understandable.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to model complexity and visualise data and information.
- In-depth knowledge of design process.
- Understand visual design and communication.
- Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign knowledge are a must.
- Some experience with Information graphics.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to model complexity and communicate visually.
- Ability to appreciate and correlate with a range of business and technology domains.
- Experience in creating both low and fidelity design deliverables like creating design solutions for print and screen (including mocking up websites).
- Comfortable with clients, working as collaborator and/or strategic consultant, and able to effectively share their point of view and expertise.
- Equipped with strong presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Able to influence through an ability to articulate concepts clearly and in a compelling way and a base level of graphic design skills to support it.
- Elevated sense of design, colour and typography.
- The ability to juggle projects in a fast-paced environment.
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
We are looking for a Graphic designer to join our design team in Bangalore. The ideal candidate must have a focus in illustration. Candidate should have the ability to create well designed communication pieces, work with typography and illustrate in diverse styles. Must possess a creative approach to problem solving, a positive and collaborative attitude, a meticulous attention to detail, and a fine-tuned eye for design.
- Contribute and be a part of the design team to deliver static, interactive or new media visualisation projects to clients.
- Research, brainstorm and conceptualise design solutions that meet the objectives of the projects.
- Be flexible and adaptable within a diverse team and buzzing studio environment.
- Be proactive and comfortable discussing and presenting design work.
- Participate in meetings and critiques and revise designs according to feedback.
- Utilise input from directors and possess the ability to continue further concept exploration and design refinement.
- Demonstrate a passion for pixel perfection and deliver illustrations/design outputs on time.
Candidate must have 2-3 years of experience in visual communication with:
- Speciality in illustration – demonstrated through a diverse portfolio of illustration samples.
- In-depth knowledge of design process and storyboarding.
- Utilise fluent hand-rendering and sketching abilities with sound knowledge in perspective and anatomy.
- Strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills with the ability to articulate and explain design concepts in ways that can be understood.
- Show flexibility and desire for personal growth.
- Manage time efficiently and able to work under pressure when required.
- Well versed in Adobe design tools such as Illustrator and Photoshop. Knowledge of any other animation or 3D software is a plus.
- Experience in visual communication and infographics is a plus.
SOFTWARE PRODUCT ENGINEERING
As a Production Engineering lead you will need to define strategies and processes for evolving Gravity’s product suites ranging from platforms such as Enterprise SaaS to Mobile Apps and interactive visuals.
You need to be equipped with the following tools to qualify as a valid candidate:
- You should have a strong understanding in Product Design and Architecture.
- You should have the ability to lead research and familiarising yourself with the company’s technology and innovative needs covering topics from Enterprise Applications, emerging technologies to new and interactive media and gamification.
- You should have the ability to connect both internally and externally, to access experts, consultants and leaders.
- You should have the ability to navigate in a startup environment and deliver within limitations.
- You should have the ability to work with various teams and stakeholders, understand gaps.
The responsibilities of this position will differ depending on the project.
- Should have the ability to build up in-house tech capability and develop an operating model for product design and engineering.
- Should be able to work closely with various teams to understand early prototypes and product from the inside out.
- Should be able to lead conversation around SaaS maturity.
- Should ensure guarantee ongoing alignment of products to market demand and changing technology trends.
- Should be able to lead Client integration projects (Customisations, configurations, system and data level integration)
- Should be willing to share the technical know how across the team by maintaining a knowledge base and holding regular learning sessions.
- Should be able to develop technology and user experience roadmaps for gravity’s software products and applications.
- Should have a will to explore opportunities for product to product integration and convergence.
- Should be able to plan and implement strategic projects with cross function collaborators, to include user and product research, evaluate and validate products and services, their implementation, and measures of outcomes.
- A degree in Computer Science.
- Background in developing tools and also in project management.
- A minimum duration of 5 to 6 years of industrial experience, working within a software or IT division of a corporate firm.
- Should pertain the ability to work well both independently and in a team setting; and the ability to navigate through an environment of constraints and complexity.
- Should pertain the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and to work in an unstructured, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
- Should possess outstanding skills in written and verbal communication.
Apart from the skills mentioned above, the candidate should be well versed in the following:
- Relevant experience in Agile Methodology and SCRUM, etc.
- Relevant experience in using MVC for ASP.NET .
- Relevant experience with SaaS Applications, AZURE cloud hosting, Enterprise software.
- Preference of a record in successfully leading developer teams and effective contribution to product design and architecture.
An outstanding Game Developer to join our Product team who can work with the product manager, customers to program games. The ideal candidate is a brilliant problem solver, excellent communicator, a self starter and individual performer who possesses an understanding and passion for great game design.
At least 3 years of experience in the gaming.
- Game programming skills using object oriented languages such as C++, C#, Java or scripting languages such as Python, Lua.
- Developing designs and/or initial concept designs for games including game play.
- Broad understanding of all areas of game-play mechanics. Experience of game prototyping and rapid iteration on creative ideas.
- Familiarity with SQL, Java Script, Web Services, REST APIs is a plus.
- Familiarity with Unity, Photoshop is a plus.
- A passion for games and game development.
Front-end Web Developer
Atleast 2 years’ experience in web-design and development.
- Expertise in appropriate tools & techniques involving HTML, HTML5,
D3, Prototype, Fabric JS etc.
- Experience in responsive web design.
- Experience in creating interactive sites.
- Experience in app development, game development is a big plus.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in UI/UX is a plus.
CAREERS AT GRAVITY
We at Gravity believe that a flexible environment is the best breeding ground for path-breaking creativity. We like people who are buzzing with ideas and like to take charge and make things happen. A collaborative spirit is very important for the kind of work we do and we value above all else people who bring out the best in everyone they work with.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH GRAVITY
- Learn from experts across various industries by collaborating on interesting, complex and unique projects.
- Design solutions through innovation and get exposed to people and cultures from various fields of expertise.
- Be part of an expanding and educational collaborative start up environment. Add skills to your existing repertoire through abundant learning opportunities by working with multidisciplinary teams.